Also commonly referred to as "cardiac catheterization," heart catheterization is a procedure used to diagnose and treat select heart conditions.
Advanced Cardiology Consultants performs a variety of heart catheterization procedures including:
- Diagnostic left and right heart catheterization to identify valve and lung problems
- Diagnostic coronary angiography -- involves the use of a special dye and x-rays to examine the way blood flows through your heart's arteries
- Assessment of cardiomyopathy -- examining abnormal heart structure and functionality in cases where hypertension, heart disease, and coronary artery disease may have damaged the heart muscle or in cases of congenital abnormalities that have worsened.
- Assessment for valve leakage or narrowing
- Coronary intervention -- in cases of narrowed coronary arteries, our physicians are skilled at opening these vessels with balloons and stents which may avoid major open-heart surgery.